Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Grown-up Marshmallow Temptation Test

I’m sure you have all heard of the Marshmallow Temptation test, if not – you need to watch this video. Such simplicity and innocence – withholding temptation in order to reach total bliss of two marshmallows! Oh to be a kid again!

Looking back at this, I think “what’s 5 minutes!” Then I think about how dependent we have all become on constantly being connected to the world around us. Blackberry. iPhone. Facebook. Twitter. What’s not to love – right!? Email and Internet go down – my world gets turned upside down and I find myself searching for tasks to do that don’t involve a network connection (enter books and print publications)!

But even as “grownups,” don’t we all have marshmallows that we are just tempted to gobble up? I HAVE to have that shirt now. Forget the possibility of it going on sale. I HAVE to share this secret. Forget if it’s a surprise! Twitter. You betcha I have to check it. Where does it stop?

No comments:

Post a Comment